Sunday, September 28, 2008

greens with garlic

I just made the most simple, amazing recipe from Gourmet (October, 2008), and it only had 2 major ingredients. I know a lot of people don't like greens (well, a lot of people don't like vegetables), but I am of the notion that they just have not eaten vegetables that have been prepared properly. For years I avoided cooking eggplant, despite that I loved it in restaurants, only to discover that salting it in advance of cooking makes a world of difference. Anyhow, the below noted recipe will be permanently added to my regular repertoire. It is a beautiful pile of jumbled greens.

Ingredients:
2 heads watercress or other greens, trimmed
6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1T. vegetable oil
1T. chicken stock
1/4t. salt

Prep all ingredients. Heat dry wok over moderate heat until hot. Add oil and garlic, stirring until garlic is golden brown. Add greens/salt and cook for 45 seconds, stirring constantly. Add chicken stock, stir until greens are coated. Serve in a big heap on plate.

No comments: