Sunday, August 5, 2012

green goddess

I did not realize this originated in San Francisco until I got a sudden-onset, rapid craving to have a jar sitting in my fridge always. To put on sliced radishes, roasted broccoli, chicken; apples, even. It was initiated by a salad I ate from the recently opened Salumeria two blocks away, which I now frequent at least once weekly. I perused a number of recipes, but I essentially made mine up because I was too lazy to go to the store again.

 Who could not love a dressing called Goddess anyhow?

2C. basil
1C. spinach leaves
1/2 avocado
2 anchovies
2 cloves garlic
2T olive oil
1/2C. greek yogurt
1/4C. lemonaise


Add basil, spinach, garlic, anchovies, olive oil to blender, then puree.  Add remaining ingredients, then mix.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: